Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Viewer Active X Component

Status
Not open for further replies.

khcheong

Programmer
Oct 5, 2000
MY
Hi all,

I have create an VB exe program which allow the users to run this application to print a report. It works fine when I run it on the development PC which has installed the VB and Crystal Report 9. But after I have compiled my application and try to install into a PC which don't have VB and Crystal Report tools installed, the Application seems cannot run and giving me system error.

I suspect that the reports component not install into that PC and cause this problem. I have tried to create an application setup program to include all this report component but this application setup program giving me errors after finish the installations. After my investigation, I find out that the CRAXDRT9.dll cannot be registered into that PC. It can only be registered if the Crystal Report tools being installed into that PC.

Why this will happen? How am I going to resolve this problem without installing the Crystal Report tools on the client PC?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Cheong

Check out this page. I find the shortcut very handy for server work.

While we're at it I am looking into writting some VB code to schedule and email off some crystal reports using Crystal Reports 9 Developer Edition but I'm not a programmer and I reallly dont want to have to learn VB. Any chance of a copy of the code you/wanyone else is developing ?

While, this site is just only help on registering the OCX and DLL files faster.....but I'm now having the problem of registering the craxdrt9.dll files.

I wonder is it anything wrong I'm doing this? or is there any files that I have missed? This file can only be registered after I have installing the Crystal Reports 9 software. Without installing it, I can't registered it even though I have copied that DLL file into that PC.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

Regards,
Cheong

I'm presuming your using Crystal Reports 9 Developer and you've upgraded from 8.5
I had problems with CRAXDRT9 until I renamed CRAXDRT.dll to CRAXDRT9.bak.dll and CRAXDRT9.dll to CRAXDRT.dll
The upgrade isn't very clean.

If (like me) you've DLL's left right and center use the utility filemon from sysinternals.com to find out what dll is being accessed.
I usually run filemon open crystal then stop filemon, save the .log file to somewhere and rename it to .txt
Then I import it into access where I can filter the entries (eg *CRAX*) it will give you the directory and file you need to rename.

Of course I could be completely wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back