Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Truncates Words

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmindx

Technical User
Mar 25, 2005
US
Hi,

I have a report which is linked to a table to where the user can add any items they want. I have 4 fields in the report:

Case Text (Can Grow/Shrink = Yes)
Graphic (Can Grow/Shrink = Yes)
Item Question (Can Grow/Shrink = Yes)
Item Answers (Can Grow/Shrink = Yes)

The length of the fields is about 7 inches. I am having problems with the Item Question field. On some items, the last one or couple words are truncated, they just don't appear.

What might the problem be?

Thanks

I had the same problem, but another machine does not. i figured it was something with my Office set up. I was going to get my apps re-loaded and try again.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I have seen the same effect. Even when you use a standard True Type font such as Arial or Times New Roman, exportiong to Word as an rtf file can truncate the last couple of characters from a field.

I use a 'work around' to deal with this:

-- Set up a test record, in which the text field/s are completely filled, e.g. a 100 character field has 100 characters of text in it. Make the last few characters e.g. '12345'
-- Run the report - make sure all the characters are visible in the field/s
-- Switch to Design Mode, and increase the field width slightly.
-- Export to Word via rtf, and make sure all the numeric characters at the end of the field are visible
-- If they are not, repeat the 'increase field width' step.

This is tedious, but it does get round the problem.

Bob Stubbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back