Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report to print numbers next to description

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhts

Technical User
May 1, 2001
US
Okay, I am a beginner and I will try to explain this.

I already have my basic fields set up and my query as well.

This is what I want my report to look like!

Day#
CPT Description 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

971 Eval 5 2 0 1 1 0 0
975 Muscle Test 3 2 1 0 0 2 1

the numbers above are the units for the appropriate day in the header above.

This is how it is printing for me which is wrong, takes up too much space, every day is a different line for the cpt.

CPT Description 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
971 Eval 5
971 Eval 2
971 Eval 0

How do I get it to show 971 Eval and have all the units under the appropriate day on 1 line going across?
I hope that I explained it correctly. Is it something to do with the query?

Thanks
AJ

This shouldn't be hard, your problem does seem to be based on how your query is set up. You want to group to the CPT level. If you explain what the query shows that would help in figuring out the best way to do that.

Kris

When I created the report, I did try grouping by CPT level. However it still separated them. My query results show on separate lines and that is why the report is showing them on separate lines.
The query is simple and looks like this;

CPT Code Description Day#
table1 table1 table1
group by group by group by

I hope that I am explaining this okay, It really seems like this should be an easy fix, I must be missing something simple. In my report I place in the detail section:

CPT Code Description =IIf([day]="1",[units],"")
=IIf([day]="2",[units],"")
*** keep in mind, the differnt formulas shown above go across the screen, NOT down in column format, I just had to show you the example and didn't have room to keep going across. I have days 1 through 31 going directly across from the cpt code and description. It places the units perfectly in the appropriate day, except for it does it line by line, not across on the same line;

Thanks, I really appreciate any help at all, I am stuck!

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back