Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REPORT TO FILE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loompa

Programmer
Mar 28, 2000
US
I am attempting to send a report out to an ascii file by using the &quot;REPORT FORM xxxx TO FILE xxxx&quot; command.&nbsp;&nbsp;The output comes back with too much junk (</i> example: %-12345X@PJL SET PAGEPROTECT=OFF
@PJL SET DENSITY=3
@PJL SET RET=OFF
@</i>).<br><br>I realize there is the COPY TO option, but that will only leave me with detailed information and I need subtotals and totals.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Any help would be appreciated

You have to use REPORT FORM xxxx TO FILE xxxx ASCII - without the ASCII clause it includes PCL codes, etc. for the current Windows printer. <br><br>SK<br>

Thanks for the response skelly.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did not mention that this is in FP 2.6.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I added the ASCII clause, I get &quot;Unrecognized phrase/keyword in command.&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Any way around this (short of upgrading foxpro)??

Hmm... well one possible way is to setup a generic printer in your Windows setup. Go into &quot;Add Printer&quot; and select &quot;Generic&quot; printers, then &quot;Text Only&quot; as the type. Set this as your default printer in FoxPro. Then run the report as before - it should put only generic print codes into the report file. Good luck-<br>

Another thing you can do.<br>If you have a copy of FoxPro DOS 2.6, You can create the report form in DOS and then in windows 2.6 call that report with REPORT FORM XXXXX TO FILE XXXX <p>David W. Grewe<br><a href=mailto:Dave@internationalbid.net>Dave@internationalbid.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back