Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report to appear in front of form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sblanche

Technical User
Jun 19, 2002
US
I designed a Report form with command buttons to call a 2nd Report form. The 2nd Report form has numerous command buttons that preview reports. The 2nd Report form is set with PopUp & Modal to YES because that was the only way I could get the min max buttons to not appear. The problem with this is that the 2nd Report Form stays on top of the actual Report. To fix this I did a DoCmd.close to close the 2nd Report Form. Now the users want the 2nd Report form to stay open. When I remove DoCmd.Close and Change PopUp to No, the 2nd Report Form stays put and the Report opens over top, but now the 2nd Report form has the min mix buttons. Any help would be appreciated.

Sharon

Sharon,

I may be missing something here but if your primary goal is to remove the min and max buttons did you try setting the min/max property of the form to none and leave the popup/modal properties as no?

Mike

WOW-what a quick response. Yes I did. When I first started designing the database, I set min and max to no but they still showed. After much frustration I finally called MS and they told me to set the PopUp to Yes and it worked. My primary goal is to have the Report appear over top of the 2nd Report Form. They only way I have figured out how to do it so far was to say NO to PopUp but when I do that I have the min/max problem. If the Report can somehow get the focus and stay on top without changing PopUp then I won't have the min/max problem--just can't figure out how to do that. Thanks, Sharon

On one of your command buttons that opens a report add this code in the OnClick event right after the DoCmd that opens the report: me.visible = false

Then on the OnClose event of the report add: Forms!Nameof2ndReportform.visible = true

I am still curious as to why the form won't disable the min/max buttons when you change the property to none. What version of Access is it and if you want to send me a sample of the database I will take a look at what's going on.

Mike

michaelj1@cox.net

It worked--Thank you, thank you!! The issue of the min/max came up over a year ago so it's hard to remember the reason. The main thing is that your suggestion works, so at this point I'm not going to waste your time on figureing out whats up. I'm sure I'm going to have more issues once I migrate to 2000 and break my DB to a front end and back end. I wish I could spend more time understanding programming. It can be kinda fun. (Just took a 4 day class that was useless.) I have 100 users to do everything for, 1 person to help and a boss who things I have a magic wand somewhere. I'm sooooo glad I found this web site. What a blessing!! Thanks again--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back