Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Tab Order not the same when published to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kq

Programmer
Aug 15, 2001
US
I've tried a couple of times to either a) print to pdfwriter and b) publish through broadcast agent to pdf -- but here's what's happening:

The report has tabs 1, 2, 3, 4 (they have names tho, not numbers)
When printed to pdf, it's coming out in 2, 3, 1, 4 order !
I'm thinking maybe there's a report numbering sequence in BO behind the tab name that's causing this? -- but if that's the reason I, don't know how to get at it.

Any ideas? [smile2]

I haven't got such behavior even while printing using PDF Driver... Why do you want to use external PDF Driver when you can save the BO Report in PDF Format which will provide you with very good navigational stuff for reports and if you have sections for that as well... Did you try that???

Sri

Thanks for your reply. It seems saving the report before printing corrects the problem (?!?). I really don't know why this was happening.

We're publishing pdf files to non-Business Objects external customers -- that's why we're going outside the program.

Again, Thanks -- I believe you've come to my rescue on several other occasions!

Are you using SDK to publish the PDF files or doing manually??? Even with SDK it should be possible...

Sri

Yes -- we'll be using SDK. This is part of a project to automate sending ReportX to N number of clients and the brokers who represent them. It's quite fun, actually!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back