Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report/Subreport in VB.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberlynn

Programmer
Dec 18, 2003
CA
Hello,
I'm having trouble with a Crystal Report/sub report in VB.NET.

The main report contains a subreport in the report footer.

The main report consists of columns of data, and I use a vertical line, that runs from the Report header, through the detail section.

When the report is only 1 page, it works great. The vertical lines end where they should, and the subreport display it's separate data properly.
When the report is >1 page, the vertical lines run through the subreport, making it impossible to read.
The Main report ends where it should, and the data is correctly displayed in the subreport - it is just obscured by vertical lines.

I don't understand why it works fine when the report is 1 page, but the lines extend too far when it is greater than 1 page??

TIA
amber

try this:
when the report >1 page,
go to the preview page of the crystal report then drag the lines only till where you want it.. with trial and error it should be ok..if you set these line positions once, you will not have any problem later..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back