Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Studio Prompt Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcfMike

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2007
US
I have a two page prompt. The first prompt page has a single list box, with three static choices.

I take the users choice from the list box, and use that to filter a query. I then display the filtered results in the second prompt page in a multi-select box.

I would like to know why values are getting preselected on the second prompt page in the mult-select box. Any Ideas?

Mike,

I just created a test-report that matches your example, but I do not experience any pre-selection, no matter how it set the prompt conditions.
There is one setting that indicates whether pre-fill is activated if the parent in the cascade is set as optional, but I suspect this is not the case.

Your problem looks similar to a new feature that was introduced in 8.1 MR2 where prompt caching was enabled (to ensure reports could be scheduled that expect prompt input)

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back