Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Studio - Prompt Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm1234

MIS
Jul 24, 2005
EU
I have a simple query related to prompt pages in Report Studio.

My requirement is that when the user enters values in the prompt page and submit is given, is it possible to open the actual report in another window.

The user does not want to close the report and invoke again to resubmit new prompt values.

Does anyone have a solution / work around for this.

Thanks

You don't need to close the report and invoke it again to resubmit new prompt values. Just run the report again by pressing the blue arrow. That should force you to choose a new prompt value.

Thanks for your response, but the blue button closes the report and takes you back to Cognos Connection from where the report was invoked.

Confuse-a-cat-limited...

Which blue arrow are we talking about here? There is one arrow pointing to the left just right of the house-icon. That arrow would take you back to where you where before.

The arrow I mean is on the next row, pointing to the right. The tooltip for this icon is "Run"

I think BICentre and I mean the same thing.

It would be a bit easier if you could post a screen dump on this forum to make explanations more accurate. A picture says more than a thousand words...

Thanks.. I was looking at the wrong arrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back