Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report start and end dates 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

davecwebster

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
GB
i have a report based on a query when i run the report i have to enter a start and end date.
How do I get these dates to print on the report?

The simple way is to add a text box to the report and set the control source to something like:
="Report Dates from " & [Enter Start Date] & " to " & [Enter End Date]
You must use your exact parameters.
I recommend you get your parameter/criteria from controls on a form.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Dave: If I understand correctly what it is you are trying to accomplish - The Following May Be Of Some Benefit To You.
The objective being to enter Parameter Information 1 time and have that information reflected in the report.

An Example would be similar to this:

I have a report based on a query with results from Between Two Dates. When the report is opened the query executes and ask [Beginning Date] then it ask [Date Ending]

In The queries' Design you have the parameter
Betweem [Beginning Date] And [Date Ending]
In this example you would answer 12/15/03 1/1/04

In The Report's Header you place a Text Box with the control's Data Source set to
=Trim("Showing Records Between " & [Beginning Date] & " to " & [Ending Date])

When The Report Opens the Title would reflect
Showing Records Between 12/15/03 to 1/1/04

Rusty

Duane / Rusty Thanks for the help both responses give me what i was after

Regards

dave

Question on this one.

I am doing exactly this from a query with start and end date parameters, but when I run the report it prompts me twice for the same date parameters. Why? How do I get rid of the second set?

Do you have a subreport based on the same query? Have you typed your parameters exactly the same every where?

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back