Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Spacing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesavage

Programmer
Jan 24, 2002
US
I have an Access report. I print several fields out that are the result of a query. It looks something like the following:

fld1 fld2
fld3 fld4
fld5 fld6
fld7 fld8

All the fields are bound text boxes. I have the can shrink/grow properties set to "no". Everyone once in awhile I will get a format that is something like the following:

fld1 fld2
fld3 fld4

fld5 fld6
fld7 fld8

I don't understand why the extra space? Ideas? It is purely cosmetic, but it is driving me crazy b/c I don't understand why the space isn't always there. Another version of errant spacing is the following:

label

textboxdata

It is suppose to look like:

label
textboxdata

Ideas? Thanks!

Miriam

You might check properties to see if Force new page is set to something other than "none".

Thanks, but that isn't it. I just checked, it is none.

Miriam

Check that the height property of all the fields are the same height and that the tops of fields that are side beside each other are at exactly the same height and the top of one field is not above the bottom of the field above it. (this is grasping at straws, but I've had strange things happen when this wasn't the case.)

OK, I doubled checked just to be sure, they are all the same height and and are lined up properly. So I guess that's not it...

Miriam

Oh, well, it was a shot.

You might want to try looking at fields 3, 4, 5 and 6 in the record that causes the problem. look in the table. see if there's anythin quirky.

Try setting the "text alignment" In the field property to "left"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back