Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report shows differenent data on different pcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaT

Programmer
May 16, 2002
US
I have a report that works fine on my computer. However, when the user opens the report, one fields' information is not showing. It is just blank. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm using Access runtime 2000, though I modifying the database in Access 2003.

Melissa
Designing Access databases since 1999

Is this only one control that doesn't display or does it affect other reports and controls? Is the control bound to an expression or just a field?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

It is only one control that doesn't display on one report and it is bound to a field. It's just an integer.

Melissa

I have never heard of this type of issue. What have you tried in order to trouble-shoot?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I would check to see if the Regional Setting on both pcs are the same (especially if anything is using dates)

My report actually contained three subreports. The field that isn't showing up is on the main report. I moved it into one of the subreports and I think, though I have not had the user test, that this has fixed it, as they had not had any problems seeing anything on the subreports before.

When I have had this problem in the past, it was on a calculated field, in a secured database. Ex- I had a field that summed a value depending on whether a cancelled box was checked or not. In this instance, if a value was cancelled, on my computer it would show cancelled next to the value and not add that record to my total. On the user's pc, it didn't show the cancelled next to the value and it also added it into the totals. I tried logging in to the database on both my computer and the users' as both my user name and their username. It had been mixed results. Sometimes it showed the report correctly sometimes it didn't. I have deleted the user from the security of the database and recreated, in case of corruption. No change. It is strange and very frustrating.

Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back