Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
HI, <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a report that have 25 fields, which cause it to run onto multiple pages.&nbsp;&nbsp;So even if there's only one record ,the fields are causing it to print out 3 pages per record...even though the 1st page still has 3/4 blank(vertically).&nbsp;&nbsp;If there's 2 records related to each other...how can i prevent it from printing the same heading for the 2nd record.<br>thank you<br><br>

JDark,&nbsp;&nbsp;I assume the fields are horizontal and that there is not enough room for all 25 on one piece of 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper.&nbsp;&nbsp;Did you try setting the margins to minimal and printing in landscape?&nbsp;&nbsp;Also, your report area shouldn't be larger than the print area - otherwise you'll get blank pages. I make the fields small and allow the text to wrap - so each field will take more room vertically than horizonally if there is a lot of data in it.&nbsp;&nbsp;To do that -- open the&nbsp;&nbsp;text field's properites, click on &quot;can grow&quot;.&nbsp;&nbsp;As for the 2 records that relate to one another -- you can group them.&nbsp;&nbsp;From your menu, click on View and you'll see Grouping and Sorting. <br><br>Hope this helps, let me know.<br><br>Carly

CarlyA, thanks for the response.&nbsp;&nbsp;The text wrap was a temporary fix, but what happens if i have 50fields instead.&nbsp;&nbsp;Even if that one employee only had 2 records associated with him, it would print horizontally into 3-4 pages....while leaving most of the pages blank vertically. I tried putting the fields label into the Detail section, but it mess it up by printing it multiple times, one for each record's that associated with that employee. Is there a way around this?<br>thanks,

JDark,&nbsp;&nbsp;hmmmm, Did you try grouping?&nbsp;&nbsp;That way it will only reiterate the field labels when the employee name changes.&nbsp;&nbsp;Does your report look like a spreadsheet or a form?&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm visualizing a spreadsheet.<br><br>Sorry I can't be of more help

JDark,<br>Have you tried &quot;stacking the fields&quot;?&nbsp;&nbsp;In other words, have 2 or maybe 3 rows of information for each employee in the detail section so that all fields can fit on one page for each employee.&nbsp;&nbsp;Would that be possible for the information you have on each employee?&nbsp;&nbsp;You would have to also stack the page headers to identify the information provided and not confuse the reader.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will have to widen the detail and page header sections and rearrange the fields to match, but thus would print all the info that pertains to that one employee on one page. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back