Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Set-up Help from a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecugrad

MIS
Apr 17, 2001
US
I'm kinda new at setting-up reports...
The fields I am using are EmployeeID,Employee, IndPoints, TeamPoints and Month, Year,PotentialPercent,and ActualPercent.
Each month is a diferent entry in the table/Query consisting of IndPoints,TeamPoints, etc. I want my report to look like the below..
April May
Employee: IndPoints TeamPoints .. IndPoints TeamPoints .
John Smith 10 50 20 40
Paul Jeffers 20 30 50 30

If I group a query by Month I get everything listed in columns.

Any suggestions on how I can get the above results. Do I need a query for each month? Do I need to use DLookup to pull every value from a query?

Thanks,

Hi Ecugrad,

Try basing your report on a crosstab query. Select the wizard from the 'new query' dialog.

You'll need to drag the employee field to the left of the grid and indpoints and teampoints to the top. Access will then ask how you want the data grouped.

Then use the report wizard to create a report based on the query - it should come up with something pretty close to what you need.

HTH, Iain :) Robbo ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back