Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Server Timing out and killing Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalExceptionError

Technical User
Apr 10, 2001
US
This issue has me so confused.

When I run the underlying query/procedure from Query Analyzer it executes fine. When I try and execute the report then the CPU resources jump and so does the memory. After a while the report request times out and CPU drops but the memory still stays high. The database the query is run from is on a different server. What is going on with report server why is this report not running?

=======================================
The statement below is true
The statement above is false

There are 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't

Been playing around and it seems when one field is left blank (for the purpose of a general list) report server chokes. This field is sorted in order. Is there a limit to the amount of rows report server can sort?

=======================================
The statement below is true
The statement above is false

There are 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't

I would be really interested in knowing if you figure out what's going on here - Mine dies on exporting say more than
100 pages for no real reason - I had a problem with RS2000 but upgraded everything but still have this issue

Hi,

I want to format value in charts as point lables. I am getting values ex: 39.34589393939 but i need to show this as 39.3%. How do format this column in line chart.

Thanks

anumala28, you really shouldn't hijack a thread like this.
By the look of things, your post warrents a thread of its own, however do a search of the forum as i'd be surprised if this question hadn't already been answered.

Cheers,
Leigh

The problem with common sense is that it isn't that common!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back