Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report server not responding when moving filter to tuple. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDonohue

Technical User
Jun 10, 2011
US
I have a list report that needs to use different members of my ledger (Budget and Actual), date (current month, prior month, prior year), and measures (current month vs YTD).

I can successfully create the report using tuples for ledger and measure when the date is applied as a filter.

In order to create the multiple dates that I need to view, I have 2 options:

1) Add another field to my tuple to create a 3 way intersection with these fields.
ISSUE - When I add date to the tuple, I get the report server not responding error immediately when I run or compile the report.

2) Union multiple queries that have a different filter for each date. I have tried this and the queries individually work fine.
ISSUE - When I union them, I get the error message "Cognos subquery <query name> used in a set operation cannot use members or member functions.

I have to be able to calculate variances so I am unable to line up multiple lists.

I am unable to figure out how to get past these errors. If you could please provide any advice. I will be happy to send the report design with any of my attempts.

Ryan, check out We have some members who are into MDX/dimensional queries and may have a clue. Cognos on tek-tips is all too quiet nowadays :(

Ties Blom

Thanks Blom. I guess I will finally make the switch. I did enjoy the guarantee that it would be you answering my questions here on Tek-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back