Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Selection Form , not working with IsDate funtion

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuaz

MIS
Mar 17, 2003
US
I have a report with an "End Date" field. If an employee is no longer with the company, he/she has a value filled out in "End Date". The report criteria selection form allows a user to select between Active, InActive or Both types of employees. Active employees have no value in End Date, Inactive employees have a date in End Date. I created a new column on the query (chich the report uses) which is essentially is - :IsDate([End Date]). The values for this column are "-1" for an inactive employee (i.e a date value in end date) and "0" for an active employee, (i.e. no value in End Date). When I enter a -1 or a 0 in the form textbox, ny report returnms me either active or inactive emplyees. MY PROBLEM is when I want to select BOTH active and inactive employees, whatever I try, 0 or -1, or True or false does not seem to work.

Does anyone have any ideas, I cannot seem to figure this out.

thanks,
josh

If I understand what you want to do with your report. That is to list both the Active and InActive employees. The way you have the report set up now it will only list the Active or the InActive based on the input you entered in the End-Date.

What you need to do is find a way for your report to bypass the criteria section on your new field or column when you select "Both" for your report.

Hope this makes sense and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back