Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Scheduling

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeheyaansari

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
US
Question 1:
My Universe has the following options set:
1. Perform the Cost Estimate
2. Warn if cost estimate exceeds 10 Mins.

If I have to scheduled a report based on this Universe, what happen if that report takes more than 10 Mins?
(In the Interactive mode, when user refreshes the report BO will prompt him, if the cost exceeds 10 Mins. But what should happen in case of schedule report)

Question 2:
My Universe has the following option set:
1. Limit execution time to 10 Mins
If I have to scheduled a report based on this Universe, what happen if that report takes more than 10 Mins?

I think you need to test this. Very few people use the cost estimating feature in BO. In the 7 years I've been working with customers, I've never see it done.

Steve Krandel
Knightsbridge Solutions
formerly BASE Consulting Group

Actually I dont have Scheduler setup. This we have to implement in near future. So I don't have the option for testing.

Thanks & Regards,
Yeheya

I think you should be getting Partial Results. Like Steve said you need to do a bit of testing and it shouldn't be taking much time when you do actual implementation.

Sri

You should create a different connection that is used by the user who submits jobs to the BCA. That connection should not limit the query time or perform the cost estimate.

Steve Krandel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back