Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Runner 2.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT007

MIS
Sep 17, 2003
GB
Once again, Customview report runner has becomes the bain of my life. I am basically having problems running reports, It just seems to error on every report I run. I have checked the error logs and this is what i get "Error: Could Not Open a Report. PE Error: Report Not Found".

I have checked the Path via define report, and it seems fine.

Any help, on this would be great. Cheers

How are you accessing a report? Directly or indirectly? Which report? This error is a "print engine error" meaning the report is no longer in the location and/or the report file is open by something else. Can you open in Producer? Try running from producer.

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch.

The reports are being run directly from Report Runner Pc.
I am running various reports from the standard one's and also some I have created myself. We only have one pc running reports so I cannot see that anything else has the reports open or in use. I was not aware you could run the reports though producer, as they are historical reports that are not using "live" data. I have tried running the reports from Report Writer and all I get is a dos error and then it quits. Thank you in advance.

We are currently running Director and Producer 2.1.1

Yet another thing Aspect has stopped supporting.

Have you tried reinstalling? I recall issues in the past versions. Reinstall may help and/or can you upgrade to 4.0?

I have now reinstalled onto a totally new pc and
everything is now working. Thanks for you help.

Are you interested in getting away from Report Runner and getting your reports using any reporting tool? If so let me know because I know of an extract tool that will allow you to do just that. They are using it in a bank in Canada and it is a godsend. They use Cognos reporting to run their reports for one department, Crystal for another and one even runs reporting off of the database using SAS so it seems to be very versatile.

There is no need for an extract tool when you have access to the database.

Although I agree in principle that is only because I have a DBA available but for most it is not the case and in that situation having a tool do the work for you automatically and then build what you want onto it rather than have to do it through reporting means you can keep data the way you want to keep it and store it where ever you wish to store rather than live with the limitations set upon by the Aspect itself. That is why I mention it because not everyone may have that skill set that you have so saying there is no need seems a bit judgmental of others.

I'm not being judgmental, it just seemed that you were trying to sell or promote a tool on here, which these forums aren't for selling. If you are providing the tool to the people for free, great!

Fair enough if that came across as selling that I apologize and no the tool is not for free just recommending it to others because it works way better than Aspect's datamart and costs almost 1/20 the price. I will be sure to rephrase and clarify next time. I just can't believe they are still using Runner or WRiter given the amount of bugs still left in it.

I agree; probably budgeting. Director/Producer 4.0 work well for real-time. CE10 for standardized reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back