Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report run time in ReportNet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGirl

Programmer
Aug 21, 2002
AU
Hi,

I have a ReportNet report with the report run time in the header. When I run the report, the time being displayed is an hour behind what the time really is (eg. its displaying 11:59AM when its 12:58PM). This problem is occurring for all users, and each of these users have their time zone in ReportNet set to the default (which is GMT +10, which is the correct setting). If we edit reports and save them, the 'last modified' time displayed is correct.

Any ideas on where I should start looking to fix this? I've checked our server's time and is not (as it shouldnt be) using daylight savings time.

J

In Cognos Configuration on the environment tab, there is a timezone setting called 'Server time zone'. Check that value and I'm willing to bet that it is set to the incorrect time zone.

Unlucky flex13, you've lost the bet!

The timezone setting in Cognos Configuration is correct, as is the server time.

J

Alright then, let's try this roll of the dice ...

If this just started happening as of July 1st (June reports showed the correct time) then this is a recently reported issue that is being fixed. If they had the incorrect time in June as well, then I lose again ...

Well, maybe thats what it is, since I never noticed before that the time was wrong!

Cheers
J

Hi, how did you determine the execution time for an report?
Did you integrate this information out of the AUDIT-Database??

Would be nice, if you could give me an idea how you realized that!

Thanx, Jochen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back