Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Returning no data in Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

NattyCat

MIS
Aug 9, 2004
GB
Crystal Reports version 9
Crystal Enterprise Version 10
SQL Server 7 datasource.

Hi,

I have a report, written against a sql server database, which contains a subreport. This report is a "letter" - it basically says "you said you were going to give us xx amount, but we've only received xx amount" - a registration differences letter. The subreport is simply a form that is partially filled in with the adressees information which they can print off and return to us.

When I run this report within Crystal Reports - it works fine and returns data.

When this report is loaded into Enterprise, the report returns no data. Not only that, the full justification/alignment I set up in the report is lost in enterprise and it returns to left justified. I can live with that - but I can't understand why the report shows data in CRW9 but not in Enterprise.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'd suspect that the username/pw used in CE doesn't have access to some data, or the ODBC connection on the server is pointing to another database.

Your alignment issue is likely the result of which printer was used during design, and perhaps which viewer you're using in CE.

-k

Thanks Vampire,

The above would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that there are 140 other reports listed, all written by me on the same machine, same printer and all running on CE using the same settings...its bizarre and we're scratching our heads thoroughly!

Nat

did u solve ur problem? coz i got the same problem with subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back