Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie1121

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
On my report I only have two columns Agent and CountOfAgent. I have only 20 agents. When I print the report it shows the two columns. The thing is that on the 1st page it shows Agents 1 15 on page 2 it shows the rest. I would like to get the agents from page two to show up on page one so that I can just print one page. I tried copying the agent textbox but it just duplicated the agents.

Example:

Page 1
Agents CountOfAgents
John 2
Mary 5

Page 2

Agents CountOfAgents
Tom 4
Jane 3

I want them all on one page

Do you have the Force New Page set for any of your sections on your report? Are you grouping your report by a field?

Ellie
**Using Access 97 at work**
**Using Access 2000 at home**

elliefant@qwest.net

I am sorry I am fairly new to MS Access where would I find that property, because I do not see it in the text box properties.

It would be in the report properties. You can also click on the grey bar above each section and see the properties for each section.

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

Is the detail size too big? If you left it it's default size that could be the reason you are only getting a couple of records per page.

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

No the size is fine. The thing is that I have 15 Agents, when it goes down the list it lists 9 on the first page and the rest on the second page. I want it to print all on one page.

hmmm...sorry I am out of ideas....without seeing the report layout, I am not sure what the problem would be.

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

Well what do you need to see? So that I can show it to you?

You can zip it up and email it to me if you would like (That is as long as it is Access 97 or 2000 - or saved as such that I can open it).

send it to: elliefant@qwest.net

I will take a look at it tonight when I get home.

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

Make a copy of the database and remove all unneeded forms and etc from the COPY. Compact and then zip and send.

All I am interested in looking at is the tables, queries and anything else related to the report...and the report itself.

Lena

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

I have got the database and sent you replies to your email.

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

Hey Ellifan I need to ask a HUGE favor. I need you to send me the database or just forward me the email i sent to you please if you can.

I will see if I still have the email and/or the database.

Ellie

elliefant@qwest.net

Ozzie1121 or EllieFant, thanks for sharing.
Can you please tell the members how the 2 pages issue ended up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back