Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslied

MIS
May 29, 2003
US
I would appreciate some feedback on this question,
Why is it that a report works on one machine very well, no errors or whatever, but on another machine sometime does not work or may work some of the times.

I would really appreciate your feedbacks. I am stumped on this.

Thank You

What are the error messages that you're getting when it doesn't work?

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

I am not getting any errors.
Here is the scenario: I open this form. It has several reports that are able to run from the form, now, upon selecting a report, it will start the process but it will not give me any output. After it finishes running the query it rushes through the output screen so you don't see it. Basically nothing comes up after running the query. Keep in mind that on my machine it works perfectly.

thanks again

1 form, various buttons to print various reports. Got it. Can you post an example of the code that's behind one of the report buttons?

Also, are both PCs running the same version of Access and OS?

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Hi there
I find Access to be quite a temperamental little bugger. In some cases it depends of the objects/class libraries you referenced in the VBA editor. Check to see that you have the exact same class libraries referenced.

I also had a similar problem once and had to ensure the class libraries were the same.

This is just a shot in the dark, but it worked for me.

Rgds

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back