Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Processes Twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajxmas

Programmer
Oct 24, 2007
US
HI all,
I am having a strange issue. I used CR2008 to develop my report on my desktop client. Once I publish it to the Central Management Console for user access I noticed something weird I have never seen before.

After the report returns the results, when I click on the arrow to go to the next page, I get the "Please wait document processing" message all over again like it is running the report twice. Even though it already returned the results the first time.

Has anyone ever seen this before? This report uses Oracle Tables, a Materialized View and a Subreport. This is my first time using a MV in CR so I wonder if that is causing this issue. I have other reports that use Oracle tables & subreports but they do not act like this. Also, this report does not do this when I run it from my client.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

Subreports only process as you page through the report--unless you force them to process by adding Page N of M. Try adding that and see if that resolves the issue.

-LB

Thanks anyway LB, but that did not seem to make any difference.

Are you using currentdatetime in any of your formulas? This might cause something like this.

-LB

Yes, I use CurrentDate to calculate the start & end dates for the record selection. I thought that might be part of the issue after reading through some other posts. But I'm not sure if I can get around using that.

The report is designed to select data for the previous 2 months, along with some other criteria.

Currentdate wouldn't cause a reevaluation (until the next day), but currentdatetime could, so you could consider eliminating the time from the record selection formula.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back