Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Probelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

italy

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
Hi I have a report desinged in CR7.0 and it is working and running fine from the desinger but when I move it to the seagate info server 7.5 I found when of the coloumn doesnt work just when does not give a data just 0 (zero) and this coloumn basis on formular can any one have an idea and remmber it is working fine from the designer view.

the problem not with the formula the problem with compatibilty issue the report is working fine with in the designer 7.0 and CR SERVER 7 but the problem is when I run the report in SI 7.5 environment I get the column zero's and that column each field contain a formula that depends on another formula .but there is no problem with formula because it is still working fine with in the Desinger.

Italy: Icytrue was suggesting that if you can show us the formula we will be able to see if there is anything there which is causing your zeros! Check that your Info Server has access to all of the data needed to run the report - it is common for a report to run in the Report Designer (uses the local data source settings) and not on the Info Server if the data source settings are incorrect David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

this is the first field

sum({@DetBugWorkingCost},{@Department})

second field
sum({@DetBugWorkingCost},{@ProjType})

these field give zero's

and I have another one in diffrent column is

sum({@DetBudTotDlr},{@ProjType})

which gives a value and there is no problem .

Italy: Thanks for posting those but now you'll need to post the constituent parts i.e. @DetBugWorkingCost, @Department etc. so we can try and track this down further as there is nothing here which could explain your problem David C. Monks

@department is fine there is no problem but I found this is my problem in this formula DetBugWorking cost .... for some reason CR8.0 does not pick working from the database so that all my result is zero Ora is 7.0 any suggestion .

if ({TH_PA_WBA_V.REC_TYPE}="B" and trim({TH_PA_WBA_V.WORKING_STATUS_CODE}) like "*WORKING*")
then {TH_PA_WBA_V.BURDENED_COST} else 0

Italy: Think the issue is the trim() function so you might like to try the following version which doesn't need it.

if ({TH_PA_WBA_V.REC_TYPE}="B" and instr({TH_PA_WBA_V.WORKING_STATUS_CODE},"WORKING")>0
then {TH_PA_WBA_V.BURDENED_COST} else 0
David C. Monks

NO it did not work if this the case it will not work at all even in 7 but I think there some problem do you know if working is a reserved word in CR8 and where I can find the reserved words

Encasapsulating a reserved word in quotations prevents it from being treated as a reserved word, so that is not an issue.
I am surprised that you are unable to get instr() to work - however, try breaking your formula down into small pieces, and find out what each part of your if-then-else statement in finding. Malcolm Wynden
I'm for sale at malcolm@wynden.net

thank you very much for the effort I was able to solve the problem by modifying the SQL query of the report and also the formula so I get the report can read all the records from the DB and finally worked .if you need any further detailes let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back