Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report printing to wrong printer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebushatescats

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2006
CA
Hello all not sure if I am poosting this in the correct forum but here we go.

I have an access application that allows users to generate and preview reports. In the standard preview window the user can then print the report. The problem I am having is that for several of the users is that then when they print the report it does not go to thier default printer. In other words it appears as if the app wants to print to a different printer than the one any other MS application would default to.
Is there a way to force the preview window to select/print to the default printer?

I thinks it is possible to force print, but it something I'm not familar with. I'll be paying attention to this post though. Goodluck

Nathan

In the page setup of the report (in design mode) you can set a specific printer or the default printer. Off course in the latter case, it then depends on what the user has defined as default printer. If you want the report always printed to the same printer, use the specific printer option in page setup...

Pampers [afro]
Keeping it simple can be complicated

How are ya jebushatescats . . .

Couldn't resist this . . .

If you have Access 2002 and later (including MDE/runtime) try this: Printer Selection Utility

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

That's nice TheAceman1, never used that before...

Pampers [afro]
Keeping it simple can be complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back