Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REPORT PREVIEW - WINDOW NOT MAXIMISED 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2001
GB
I have a number of reports that when opened, have two problems:
a. The report window is not maximised
b. Although I have selected Landscape in page setup, it sometimes reverts to portrait.

Is there a method to ensure the window, when the report is opened, is always maximised and landscape and amended margins are always displayed.

1) in the Report's OnOpen event, put

Docmd.Maximize

2) this has happened to me sometimes. i dont know why--it seems to be when i've changed the design of the report. i have to get into the habit of checking the Print Setup I guess. try just setting Landscape again, make sure you verify that after every time you alter the design, and i'm thinking it won't happen again. maybe someone knows some vba way?

g

Thanks Randy and Ginger. I tried Ginger's method first as it seemed the simplest and it works a treat.

Kind regards

Laurence

Regarding the problem of the page setup not retaining itself, I have experienced this same problem repeatedly when running Access 2000 on Windows 98 PC's. After installing Windows XP Professional on those same PC's, Access 2000 never again exhibited those problems with the page setup. That problem is now completely gone. What a relief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back