Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardH

Programmer
Apr 21, 2001
US
I would like to print "Continued on Next Page" on the bottom of each page of a report except the last page of the report (or the first page, if it is a single page report).

I know about the "Print When" option, but don't know if there is a statement I can use to determine if there are more pages to print. Is there a way to do this in VFP 6.0?

Thanks..

Normally, if you are printing from a cursor (or complete table), you can check on EOF() to determine if there are further detail lines to process. i.e. In the Print When for the "Continued on Next Page", use !EOF().

Rick

HI
You can achieve it by doing the following..

1. Creat a PUBLIC variable called glContinuePage
Initialise its value to .t.
2. Add a Function ContinuePage to your main.prg
PARAMETERS lParam
IF lParm
RETURN "Continued on Next Page"
ELSE
glContinuePage = .f.
RETURN ""
ENDIF

3. In your report generation module..
glContinuePage = .t.
REPORT FORM myReport.... etc..
4. In the report myReport..

in Page Footer add a textbox with sufficient length to print the information.. and put the code..
continuePage(.t.)

in the report summary area..
same way another text box.. bot with the code in it..
ContinuePage(.f.)

This will take care of your requirements
:) ramani :)
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Thanks Ramani,

That certainly got me on the right track. I did have to use the Print When glContinuePage = .t. option on the Footer textbox, but then worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back