Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Page Properties Going Back to Default Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikermax

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
CA

I have several reports created within my database, and I have the page properties set to 0.5" margins all the way around the page with landscape orientation.

Does anyone know why my reports will sporadically default to 1" margins all the way around the page with portrait orientation?

If someone knows about line of code that could be written which would specify that all reports have my settings, it would solve my problem (or maybe there's a master setting somewhere). It's getting rather annoying to keep going in and changing these settings myself. Also, I am designing this database for end users, and they shouldn't have to go in and change these settings themselves.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

I have experienced this problem with both margins and landscape/legalsize settings reverting back to default settings . For Access 2K there is a Knowledge Base article that addresses this (Q240826) For the landscape/legal size in Access 97 I referred to article Q302650. I used the PrtMip Property (see Access Help) for the margin problem.

Thanks evalesthy!!!! That knowledge base article number was exactly what I needed!

But since this problem is sporadic, time will tell if clearing the check box for Perform name AutoCorrect in Options/General was a permanent fix or not!

**I noticed under the general tab in options that there is a way to set the print margins. This must be for all objects in the database. However, it does not allow you set portrait or landscape orientation in this area.

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back