Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report: Output to a PDF format 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mybers

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2004
PH
Hello everyone!

Need help pls. in my access...id like to generate a report and output it already in a PDF format. How do I write this? access reports usually can convert the report page to a snapshot file, excel, etc... how about in PDF format?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank in advance.

Bersabal

You must have a virtual printer able to generate PDF file.
AFAIK, access don't have PDF capabilities.

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Thanks PHV

Actually, I've seen an action performed like that in my prev office unfortunately, I was not able to copy/look a the code. sshhhh! Anyways, I do have an adobe pdfwriter installed. I can only convert a report once it is active and then print > select adobe pdfwriter, however this process really takes ....long time.

Hoping to get a code to execute this automatically from a Button on the Form.

Technical help is always appreciated. Tnx in advance

I'm trying to work out how to do exactly the same thing. Did you have any luck?

Jim

Hello everyone,

anyone knows how to call the Common dialog box for PRINT?

and then set the printer preferences to AdobeWriter property?

and much better to automatically convert the Report/Form to output as a PDF format instead of *.snp etc...

I hope I wrote it clearly.

Thanks

mybers

I have Adobe Acrobat installed on my pc. This gives me a printer named "Acrobat PDFWriter" If I print to this printer, it prints to a .pdf document. The way I do this is by setting the default printer to "Acrobat PDFWriter". The only problem is that I want to print my report on paper sometimes and it defaults to .pdf...

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back