Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on Symposium variable values

Status
Not open for further replies.

wofting

Programmer
Dec 19, 2006
CA
First of, sorry for the cross-post just realized after posting that my first one was in the wrong area.

We have been given an almost ridiculous task by a client. A previous consultant created a massive master script for them and used a number of variables for call-branching. Many of these variables contains (up to 50-60) DNISs, full 10-digit DNISs. They want us to give them a report of all the DNISs used and how they incorporate into the script.
I have looked through the database (sysadmin account, looking at views only) and I did not see any view that contains variable contents. Does anyone know if there is somewhere we can pull this data and just sort if required. Right now opening each variable and manually entering numbers into a spreadsheet is just craziness.

Thank You for any and all ideas.

The manual way is the only way that I know of (open each variable and take a peek).

Now, if you were to take the time and add those value in the comment sections, then they would show up in the variable report or in the comment header within the variable window.

Whoever did this the first time, kinda screwed you, now you have a chance to correct it for the next person or leave it.

I'm using Seagagte Crystal Analysis to connect to ICCM_Preview DSN. From there I can connect to the blue, master or cbc db. Using sysadmin I can view all tables, sp and data in each db, but I have never been able to view the values of variable when they are define as sets. The only way to actually sees these sets variable is to add them to the comment section like yyr states then you can use the standard report to view the values. Run the Configuration reports - Script variable properties and the values will show up in the comment field of the report. I do not know if this works with CC6, we're on 5.0. But this procedure has worked for me for 5.0 and below.

On yesterday's DAC call, a vendor provided a tip on downloading the script variables using CCMA. Go to the scripting page, right click on script variables. A drop down menu will appear. Select print preview. A new page will open with the script variables including value. Export the page to your preferred file format.

On Web Client 4.5 it works as well except the file cannot be exported. You have to print each page.

If you only have Classic Client, you need to manually open each variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back