Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on Symposium variable values

Status
Not open for further replies.

wofting

Programmer
Dec 19, 2006
CA
We have been given an almost ridiculous task by a client. A previous consultant created a massive master script for them and used a number of variables for call-branching. Many of these variables contains (up to 50-60) DNISs, full 10-digit DNISs. They want us to give them a report of all the DNISs used and how they incorporate into the script.
I have looked through the database (sysadmin account, looking at views only) and I did not see any view that contains variable contents. Does anyone know if there is somewhere we can pull this data and just sort if required. Right now opening each variable and manually entering numbers into a spreadsheet is just craziness.

Thank You for any and all ideas.

The manual way is the only way that I know of (open each variable and take a peek).

Now, if you were to take the time and add those value in the comment sections, then they would show up in the variable report or in the comment header within the variable window.

Whoever did this the first time, kinda screwed you, now you have a chance to correct it for the next person or leave it.

Connect to the database using ODBC and dump the configuration tables. You would need someone on your side who is familiar with the db schema, or who has previous SQL experience to help them dig through the schema to find the desired tables.

I've done similar work in the past, because if you know the database and how to access it, it's faster than doing the hunt&peck method through the configuration records.

You must install the Sybase ODBC drivers. They are located either (a) on the Contact Center 6 install DVD or (b) you can install the Symposium (fat) client to load the drivers.

You then need to know the password to the blue database user to permit you to browse the entire database, or you need a full admin username & password (each admin user, if they have full admin rights, has full database rights).

x11tech,
I am familiar with the database schema (at least the views) ad quite familiar with SQL. All I could find was the ScriptVariables & ScriptVariableProperties views. Neither of those contain the contents of the variables. Is there a view that I am over-looking ?

you're not going to see the value in the db until you add them to the comment section.

I'm going to have to defer to yyrkroon. I'd like to say that I've done it before, but without direct access to a Symposium/CC6 installation to play with the database, the truth is that it's been too long for me to remember. It's always possible I'm remembering wrong.

If I get access to a SCCS/CC6 system and I have some time to poke around the database, I will see what I can find and what your options might be. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back