Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on preprinted small invoice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdesbiens

Programmer
May 2, 2004
CA
Hi

i have an invoice pre-printed with 2 copies carbon, so i want to use an impact printer model okidata ml380.

my invoice dimension are:

21,7 cm by 21,7 cm

I am not able to print in the size of the paper the option of the printer does not allow me to put personal values, so i tried to print it i landscape to fit the orientation of the paper and the printer print it reversed just like i have a 8 1/2 * 11 inches sheet.

Ia there a way to workaround this issue?

I hope you will understand my explanation if not i will try to explain more.

Thanks a lot

If you are using Windows XP, you can create a new 'form' to use with this printer. Open the Printers & Faxes window from the Control panel. Choose File->Server Properties from the menu. This will allow you to create a new form, which you can use with the Oki by choosing Properties->Devices Settings for the printer.

Thanks for the response

but ive made the change you proposed me and saved it. but i still can't choose the report size ive just created.

Can you tell me if i have to do something else?

Thanks a lot

Open the report in design view. Choose File->Page Setup. On the Page tab, tick Use Specific Printer. Click the Printer button and choose the Okidata printer from the drop-down list. Click Properties, click Advanced and choose the paper you set up. Click OK all the way out. Size the report to match the paper.

I did that but the entry that ive just made was not in the dropdown list..i just dont understand..

can you help me with this issue

thanks a lot for your help

Is the paper you created in the list of paper for the printer when you look at the Okidata printer in the Printers and Faxes window?

I went a bit over the top. Once you have selected Specific Printer, it should be possible to choose the paper from the dropdown Paper Size list on the Paper tab of Page Setup.

Yes when im creating it int the server properties window i see it. Then i clode the windows return to my access report, select spécific printer for this report and the gho to the properties of the printer and my new format is not in the list.

I have made it many many times and nothing changes.

My printer is a network printer is it possible that it cause some problem?

thanks a lot again

It seems likely. I have not got a network printer to check. Is the network printer connected directly to a PC that you have access to? You could try adding the paper on that printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back