Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on one row

Status
Not open for further replies.

gc6294

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2004
US
I need to create a crystal report off of a MS SQL 2000 database. The report is an customer address master report, with the customer info coming from CUSTOMER_SQL and delivery, billing , etc addresses coming off of ADDRESSES_SQL. I'd like to format everything on one line, such that I can put customer master, bill-to address, delivery address on one line of an Excel spreadsheet if I export it to excel. I don't want multiple lines for each customer. The ADDRESSES_SQL table contains a separate record for delivery address, billing address, etc... Any idea how best to report under one row?
Thanks

Try inserting a text box and including all your fields in that side by side. Then when the report is exported it should all be on one line

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

How do I get delivery address and billing address to print side-by-side instead of creating a new row for each one?

If you link a customer record and an address record, both should be present in the 'row'.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks.. I was hoping to get the customer record and multiple address records to appear on one row.. If there's 1 customer master record and 4 address record (delivery, billing addresses, etc) I was hoping to get all addresses to appear horizontally on 1 row, rather than creating 4 rows.

You could do that with subreports. It will run slowly, since there is a separate database access each time a subreport is called at detail level. But it would do the job.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back