Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report on extensions that are not is use 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leosayer

Technical User
Aug 11, 2005
GB
Hi,

Does anybody know of a report that will be able to provide me with details on whether an extension is not in use or if it has the last time it was used etc. Big ask i know.

We are nearly at full capacity in station RTU.

I have done the 'list reg ip', 'disp alarm' and I'm going to do a report from our call-logger, but hoping there is an easier way.

Culture of logging off IP phones, so difficult to tell with the above.

Any other suggestions always welcomed

Many thanks

L

Leo, when going through the "disp ala" log their are a couple of things you can look through. One being digital sets unplugged will bring in 513 alarms. Another thing you can do for your analog lines is to turn the test (first page of their station forms) to "yes". This will make them fail on test 48 which is the ring generator test. This logs them into the alarm logs. I would carefully look through these as modems and faxes will probably look like unplugged analog sets also.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Sorry fro late reply, I've been off work.

Phoneguy, could you explain how CDR would help track unused extensions?
You mean via the Call-logger?

Mikey, its a all IP environment. I can see via the alarms that the handsets are not connected, but there is a culture off logging off from IP handsets, so i need some form of historical report/alarm, so i can see if they haven't been connected for say a couple of weeks.

if the phones are unused they wont be making any calls and you will see that in CDR.

What I used to do is make read out with list extension
Then with a listing from cdr take of all the stations from the list tha had cdr records in the last 8 weeks.

You a left then with a list of stations, where you are not clear if they are in use....
Then I went and made a COR that would prevent originatin and terminating calls, asign that COR to 10 of the stations on your list. Most of the time when a station is in use within a few days people will report problems with their phone.....

If nobody had a complaint within 30 days, the station was removed

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

Edwin,

Many thanks for that, seems there is no short cut really. I'll use the CDR as you and phoneguy suusgests

Many thanks

Leo

but do take care: cdr is by default only external.
you could have only internal calls on some station

As mentioned by mikeydidit, I use the Display Alarms for locating unused digital and IP extensions as it provides the last date the phone was in service. So if its been out of service for more than a month, those numbers and licenses are free game to use. :)

cdr can report on internal calls too. You just need to turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back