Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Number of Unused/Disabled Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopperNH

MIS
Jun 12, 2002
US
Hi Folks,

I've been tasked with keeping track of this division's monthly telco allocations. I used the SETS feature report in LD 81 to get a total count of allocated sets; but, that report (I assume) counts everything that is programmed, regardless of status (IDLE or DISBL). Is there a way to just show the disabled sets alone, or get a count of those. My goal is to get an accurate list of phones that are actually in use; not a combined list of unused/disabled phones and phones in use. I attempted to generate a traffic report using LD 2; but, it appears there are limitations to the granularity I can get (i.e. can't get the report to show statistics on a specific set/TN) and I haven't quite got the knack for it -- both syntax-wise and theory-wise. I've pretty much searched the NTP's until my eyes bled (I happened to find some nifty features during my adventures, though). The company's trying to pinch every penny they can to keep up with this tightening economy. Any help is greatly appreciated.

~HopperNH

go to ld 97

Req: prt
Type: xpe
XPEC : (just hit enter)

It will print out all your loops.

4,8,12, etc...

Go to ld 32

.ldis 4 0 (enter)

It will show you what is disabled. You might have some power TN's so don't delete/count those, but the phones will list as well.

If you don't get a listing you will need to run a shelf test in ld 30 and it will give them to you, but it should be in your midn to run this ld.

Hope this helps. If not drop me a line.

John.Anaya@broadwing.com

Thank you, very much! That was exactly what I was looking for. I found a couple power TN's as you mentioned and took care not to delete them or count them toward the allocation. The help was very much appreciated!

not a prob...just drop me an email if you ever have questions....keeps me on my toes, and helps me learn new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back