Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report not showing all data

Status
Not open for further replies.

kausmail

Programmer
Apr 12, 2011
US
The crystal report does not show all data. If I execute the query generated by Crystal reports (Database->Show SQL Query) on SQL server, it gives me all rows but the report does not show all rows. I am using Crystal 10.0. Any idea why this is happening? I am clueless.

Thanks in advance...

Do you have conditional suppression on the detail section

There might me more filters in the select expert than are aprsed to DB in query, compare the whare clause in SQL with select statement

Ian

I do not set any filters and I don't know where to look.

As Ian states, I would check for conditional suppression.

In Design mode, locate the section that has the data fields. To the left of the section, right click the section name in the gray area and select 'Section Expert'

On the Common Tab, locate the check box for 'Suppress (No Drill Down)'
If the formula button's graphic 'X+2' to the right of the check box is red, then there is a conditional suppression formula.

click the button to see the formula. To remove the formula I would reccomend commenting it out by inserting double slash marks at the beginning of each row: //

Make sure the text boxes or field boxes are formatted to grow....

Also, check to make sure there is nothing in the Group Selection formula.

Cheers
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back