Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report narrative exceeding limit on page. How to move to new page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewman

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a report that has a section for narrative that is limited to about 1900 characters on the main page. What I would like to do is see if there is a way to have the whole text of the narrative move to a new page if it exceeds over 1900 characters. If it is under 1900 characters than remain in the current page. I was figuring you would need to use some formula using len function but I am not really a programmer so I was not sure. Any help appreciated.

What report section is the narrative in? How is the narrative being added to the report? In a text box? As an OLE object? As one memo field?

-LB

The narrative is in a text box. Not part of a group or footer or anything of the sort.

Again, what report section is it in?

-LB

Right click on the text box->format text->check "Keep Object Together". You should also have the text box in its own section, with the section boundaries tight against the box. Then format the section in the section expert to "Keep together".

-LB

Sorry the text box is in the details section of the report. I'll try what you have recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back