Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince1209

Programmer
Mar 6, 2008
US
In Access I have a report that have Non-represented employees and Represent employees. In the design view how would I fix the report that will give me the following:

Non-Represented

All employees who are Non-represented

Represented

All employees who are represent.

Right now I have a list of employees who are both non-represented and represented, but my boss would like to see if separated on the report as I have above. Any suggestions?

Depending on how your data are on the report. If you have it set up as Employee Type then In sorting and grouping properties add a group footer for the employee type and insert a text box, have it do a count of employee type. If you don't

[DETAIL]
Employee Type Name
Rep Al
Rep Bill

[Group Footer]
Rep 2

Sxschech:

Thanks for responding. I am having a little difficulty with this. I click on View then Sorting and Grouping under Design view and clicked on the fieldname NonRep/Rep to sort out the employees who are NonRep and Rep but I am getting the fieldnames on both sheets when I want to identify all of the NonReps then identify the Reps.

Quick question - in the Sorting & Grouping, is NonRep/Rep at the top of the list? If for instance, you are sorting by last name first, the sort of NonRep/Rep will only happen if you have more than one of the same last name.

Let them hate - so long as they fear... Lucius Accius

I was able to figure that out and got my desired results, thanks straybullet...but I have another pressing issue. My boss likes that output of the report but not wants me to sort a field called 2007 Increase in descending order....before the grouping I was able to do it in the report based on the query, but since I have added grouping I cannot see where it is sorted the way I need it to. Any suggestions??

Also I was able to print the report on one page but for some reason a bit of the report (like a line) is carried over in the next page. How to delete the extra pages I dont need?

You should be able to add that field as a sort to the grouping but be sure that Group Header and Group Footer are both set to No. I have experience similar situations where a sort on a query does not show up on a report and have to do the same sort on the report itself. As for extra pages, you may need to adjust the height of the group footer, perhaps there is more space than needed. Also, could try adding Whole Group to the Keep Together property of the Rep_NonRep field.

SXSCHECH - Thanks for you help. I was able to get my reports on one page. I have another qwestion. I would like to calculate the sum in a report. First I create a text box. When I go to PROPERTIES and I go to ControlSource, I am not sure what expression to use. I am trying to get the total sum of a field. Any suggestion?

The field name in my report is Count of Final Employee. I have about 22 rows with a count and need the sum.

I figured out what I needed to calculate a sum in a report. I created a Report Footer and use the expression: =Sum([field name]). Thanks anyway

I need to create a chart in Report. In the Design View I click on Chart and used the fields I needed but I am not getting my desired results. This is my data below:

Evaluation Rating Avg Merit Increase %

DN 1.02%
FE 2.92%
EE 3.77%

I am able to produce the report but having problems with the graph. I am not able to see all of my data depicted in the graph. Any suggestion?

What kind of chart (bar,pie), is it a subreport linked to data on a main report or stand alone?

I want to create a bar graph. I basically using a query I created and from the results of the query I saved it into reports. I have the data as follows:

Evaluation Rating Avg Merit Increase %

DN 1.02%
FE 2.92%
EE 3.77%

So I guess it is linked to a query and not a subform

In the graph I created I am only seeing bar graph for the EE Rating Average. I am not able to see all three of the average ratings.

What does your row source SQL for the graph look like

SELECT Null,Sum([AvgOf*Actual 2007 % Increase]) AS [SumOfAvgOf*Actual 2007 % Increase] FROM [Average Increase by Rating];

I can see exactly what I need in the desing view but not in Preview

The chart datasheet in design view may have the data look the way you want, but, this doesn't aways correspond to the final output. If you copy the sql and paste it into a new blank query, run it, does it give you the results you are looking for or does it combine. Another option, perhaps you could create a query that will give you the output you want and then paste that sql statement back into the report's chart row source.

I may have to go with the copied chart since it comes over exactly how I need it. I will keep trying your suggestion.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back