Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report is Not Functioning Correctly...Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhein

Programmer
Feb 17, 2003
CA
We have a report that was working fine for the longest hitting our test database. Our DBA took a fresh copy of production data and put it onto our test database and now the report is not working correctly. I checked the stored procs, using Query Analyzer and they are working correctly and returning expected data. The problem is with the report...it is not displaying data. Any ideas...I'm stuck!!!

One more quick thing to note...I created a dummy report with a few of the fields that are on the problem report and the information is displayed correctly...one more thing to make me scratch my head. I did try to verify the database and I got a message that the database was up to date.

could be many reasons....other than not displaying data we have no clues...

Perhaps there is something "hardcoded" in the report specific to the test database and nothing is being selected...this is a common developer mistake...check your record selection formula

Jim Broadbent

Try opening this report and resetting the location, then re-do the Verify Database.

Another thing you may want to try is Convert Database driver, but convert it to the same driver being used. It will reprompt for the connection information. I have done this in the past to clean out anything that might be held.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko

Well, I have fixed the report, but I am still not sure why I had to do this. In order to fix it, I had to drop the stored procs from the report and then add them back to the report. This was the only report that I had to fix like this. I still don't understand why, but at least it's fixed. Thanks for all your replies, I really appreciate it.

Jason

Thank you for the update. I have come across this in the past and for whatever reason the report itself seemed to be holding a reference. Similar can happen with printers, but this is another topic ;-)

Cheers,

SurfingGecko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back