Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Header wants to print as page all by its lonesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveller4

Programmer
Sep 18, 2002
CA
My report header seems to want to print as a page with no records on it. The page header is only 4 lines and the rest of the page is blank. One record has a memo field spanning over two pages. If I take 'Can Grow' off of this field, the report looks the way it should with the Report Header and records printing on the first page. Is there any way to keep this fiels as can grow and have the beginning of the record print on the same page as the report header

Thanks

Micheal

Format the report header, and make sure that "new page after" is not selected. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

New page after is not selected. The problem seems to be related to a memo field that spans two pages.

Right click your groups. You'll find that the first group has "Keep Group Together" clicked on.

Naith

Hi

Related to the above question, I have a similar problem.
I have a main report and 10 subreports. In the main report Report Header, I have a subreport called Cover Page. The cover page have an upper section which should start from the top of the page ie (y=0). It has a lower section which I would like to print at the bottom of the page. Since the main report has page footer where I am showing the page no, the cover page bottom section does not print at the bottom. Instead it has some space above of the bottom of the page which I assume is the height of the page footer. Could some one suggest, How I could solve this?

Regards
Krishna Kumar

Naith

I have no 'Keep Together' checked on this report. If I take 'Can Grow' off the Memeo field that spans two pages I do not experience a problem, but as soon as I put the can grow on the Report Header goes on it separate page

I'm not talking about right clicking the group and checking the settings in Format Section. I'm referring to the Keep Together option when you right click the group and select Change Group.

Naith

Again I have tried that also. I have made it so there is no keep together in this report. I still have the same problem. If I limit the can grow for this memo field to 20 lines this problem goes away. I am beginning to think this is a feature when you have memo fields that use 'Can Grow'

Did anyone ever figure this out? I have a similar problem with a long field in my details section. I do not have any groups. I do not have "keep together" checked ANYWHERE. I cannot get the 1st record to begin on page 1 if the details section spans more than a page. If the details section is less than one page, then it displays and prints as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back