Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Header - Many Records; Header for Each Record 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dauphy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2001
CA
Hi! I know this is a basic question, but I haven't had much experience with Access Reports. I have 5 records and have created a report; I want the Report Header to appear on each record; not on the first page when I view all records. How do you do this???

Thanks a bunch...

Depends on what you have in your Report Header. If you have stuff that doesn't change just put it in the detail above your record and don't use a report header.

If you are putting a record on each page then use Page Header instead of Report Header.

OK; sorry, but I need to explain myself better. I have 5 records; which I need to put on a report. This report has a subreport which is in the Detail section of the report. In the Page Header; I had all of the rest of the data. If the report spans over two pages, there is too much data in the page header. Page one I need all the data; but page 2 I need a few lines of the header data with the rest of the subreport (which is detail).

It would work well if all the data remained on one page however, the report is continued to another page. If I put the Header data into a Report header this would work if I only printed one record at a time; however it's selecting multiple records. So million dollar question is:

Can I format the Report Header so that it'll print for each record when I select more than one record in a query?

Well you can't ... so we have to cheat.

Let's try this (if I'm following right).

Click your "sorting and grouping" button.
Pick a field that makes each record unique (like the key) so that it really doesn't group at all.
Change "Group Header" to Yes.

Put the data you have in page header into the new group header and put your Report header stuff in the page header.

Get rid of report header.

Holler if this don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back