Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report has prompt to select Report Name 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corres

Technical User
Jun 13, 2006
CA
Hello,
Starting with SAP BO Crystal Reports for Enterprise.

Please give me idea how to update existing report in the way the client wants. The client wants to have a report prompt where the user will choose Name1 report or Name2 report to be displayed. Name1 is the existing report. Name2 is the existing report without one column.

I think that I should create two sub reports. One of the sub reports would be a copy of the main report (Name1 in prompt). Another is the copy of the main report without a column as requested (Name2 in prompt). I assume that the main report should be suppressed.

Give me idea please how to "connect" these two sub reports to the prompt.
Thank you.

You could instead conditionally suppress the column and its heading for Name2 using the prompt {?WhichReport}, which would have two options: Name1 and Name2.

Select the column/heading and right click->format field->suppress->x+2 and enter:

{?WhichReport}=“Name2” //replace my quotes with your own quotes if copying

If the issue is that you need to change the column layout for the desired view, you still don’t need a subreport. You can add an additional page header section and an additional detail section. Then copy the fields from the original report and paste into the new sections and rearrange them. Then conditionally suppress the sections by going into the section expert and using formulas like the above to suppress conditionally suppress the Name1 sections and the Name2 sections.

-LB

Dear Lbass,
Smart simple solution, it works well.
Thank you very much! Great to hear from you in five years here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back