Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report grouping detail records incorrectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathlovell

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2002
US
Hello,
There are two tables involved, employee and attendance. The employee table has an employee number (autonumber), lastname, firstname, etc. The attendance table has employee number, date, and hours worked. I have a report that lists absences for each employee. There is a relationship that links the two tables. My report displays the employee last name rather than the employee number because of the relationship. I have two employees with the last name Stone. Even though they both have different employee numbers, the report wants to group all of the absent records under one employee. Thanks for any help you are able to provide. I am willing to email any information or describe the problem in further detail if it would help.
Thanks,
Heath

If you group by the employee number instead of the last name it should work correctly. You do not have to display the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back