Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report from multiple queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

gord2

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
CA
Hi,

I would like to create a summary report from the results of 11 queries (based on 2 tables). All the queries have the same format and return 3 numbers ( Count, Current Year Bal, Last Year Bal.) under different conditions.

When I use the Report Wizard to select multiple queries to be included in my report, I got an error msg. It says "You have chosen fields from record sources which the wizard can't connect. You may have chosen fields from a table and from a query based on that table. If so, try choosing fields from only the table or only the query."

Are there other ways to do this?

Please advise.

Thanks.

put each query in a subreport. Is there any thing that relates each query to the others, like year, product, id, etc.?

Thank you for the reply.
The two tables are linked by a customer ID field.

I thought about using sub-report. At the bottom of the report I would like to add all the query results together. I don't know how.

I was also thinking put all the 11 queries in a function at the report "On Open" event. I don't know how to call the varibles from a report.

TIA

There would be no way to add the results together unless you are planing on adding all the totals together. The only other option would be to figure how to create one big query that would return all the results together. I don't know what table(s) look like, nore do I know what kind of results you are looking for, so there is not much more I can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back