Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report from 2 separate date periods

Status
Not open for further replies.

THWatson

Technical User
Apr 25, 2000
CA
I have a database which includes weekly contributions, in 5 different categories, from some 400 contributors. At the end of June, I issued a statement, which gave the contributions by each week and category and contributor, from January 1 to June 30.
At the end of October, I want to issue another statement. This statement would show only the total from January to June for each contributor and category, but would then itemize by each week the contributions from July 1 to the end of October.

Any suggestions as to the best way to do this?
Tom [sig][/sig]

Create a query with a date criteria: -
Between #07/01/2000# And #10/30/2000#

Create a second query with Totals, group by contributor and category and sum contributions, with date criteria between the earlier dates.

Create a sub-report from the second query and include it on your main report, which will be based on the first query.
[sig]<p>Keith C Taylor<br><a href=mailto:TekTips@kctaylor.co.uk>TekTips@kctaylor.co.uk</a><br><a href= Information Gardener</a><br>The C stands for Computer![/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back