Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report format question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman

Technical User
Mar 5, 2008
US
Hi all,

I am working on a report that has a different layout than the normal crystal reports which I have worked earlier. I was exploring different options to see if its possible to design such an output using crystal.

I have uploaded an image of the required output. It's a tool centric report with the tool name at the center and the different attributes of the tool surrounding the tool name. (In the image, the attributes are A,B,C,D...).

It would be great if anyone has worked on such an output or has any idea of how to achieve this in crystal. Any pointers would be greatly helpful.

I am using crystal reports XI and all the data required for the report would come from the same table.

Thanks a lot
HM

Do you have a tool field and one attribute field that has multiple results?

-LB

For a given tool, there is only one value for the attribute and that is the one I need to display in the report.

So for a tool 'test', there is one value of attribute A,B,C,D etc. Its a one to one association.

Thanks,
HM

So you have fields like:

{table.tool} {table.attributeA} {table.attributeB} //etc.?

In other words, each attribute is its own field?

-LB

Each attribute has its own field (i.e. attribute A is stored in column A, attribute B in column B) if that is what you are asking. For example the table row will be something like

Columns: ToolName AttrA AttrB AttrC AttrD .....
Values: TestTool 20.0 30.0 10.0 40.0

Each tool has one row in the table and my report output would be based on the selection of the tool name. Based on the tool selected by the user, the report outputs the tool attributes in the format shown in the figure (see attachment).

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your help :)

HM

You should be able to do this by inserting a group on the tool, and then enlarging the group header section. Add text boxes with borders (use the magnifier to get precision) and add your fields to this, using returns and spaces to position the field within the box. Then suppress the details and group footer sections.

-LB

This works great. Thanks a lot for your help. :)

HM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back