Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report form keeping PDF file open at end of report

Status
Not open for further replies.

manpaul

Technical User
Jan 10, 2005
CA
I am running a report form that outputs to a PDF printer driver. The report works fine, but will not close the file when it is completed. If I run or that one report it places all the reports into the same file. How can I close the report file after the report is completed.
The code is very simple
SELECT statement
SET FILTER TO statement.ccustno = selector.ccustno
INDEX ON STR(statement.ccustno) + DTOC(statement.invdate) TO "c:\cobraprint\state"
SET INDEX TO "c:\cobraprint\state"
GO TOP
report form 'd:\cobra 2004\reports\stathtml.frx' TO PRINTER PROMPT

On the printer prmpt I select the pdf printer driver.

How do I close the pdf file.

What version of Adode are you using? Does it come with the Distiller?

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Mike

What I am using is a printer driver from click to convert, what I need to do is stop the process when the report is completed.

Paul

I am having the same problem. It's been opening for a a week now (it used to not open) and for a week it was fine, then yesterday when my processes sends an email with the pdf attached it got an error cause it was open, but this never was a problem wither.

Computers rock.

If anyone knows how to keep

report form &cFormName noconsole to file &cReportFileName

from actually opening the PDF and displaying it using Acrobat PDFWriter, that would be a great help.

Thanks.

Paul and WebRookie,
These don't appear to be a VFP problem, but rather with that printer driver. Perhaps you need to address your questions to this vendor or try a different PDF driver. I've used a couple others and they don't have these problems. (For the record, I've used the Adobe one, 5D PDF Creator and Amyuni PDF Converter.)

Rick

I have been doing some more investigation on this problem
and I have found a nice free printer driver that works very well.

I am still trying to figure out how to override the save function when the printer is selected, as when I create the PDF file I want to automatically e mail or fax as an attachment and when the user enters the file name I can not perform this without user intervention.

If anyone has any ideas on how to capture this name it would be great.

Here is the web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back