Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Form Causes Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

casajarm

Programmer
Jan 12, 2001
US
I have a user who installed our application on a new computer. Whenever they try to print or preview anything they receive a message "an error has occured" which prompts them to continue or cancel. If they continue they receive a general protection fault.

The installation disk contained the patched version of foxw26.esl. They originally installed by moving the directory and files to the new computer, the error occured, and they then installed it again.

The application uses a program called fp25eror to catch errors but it doesn't get this one. I also got a copy of their data and ran it on another machine just fine.

The code that appears to be causing the error is "report form....".

1. There is a divide by zero error.. patch... Have you applied this? Probably, the error is because of the W2K issue.. divide by zero error.
2. Have you installed the same printer diver as in the other unit which performs correctly?
Hope these help you ! ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com

The patched version of foxw2600.esl in the distribution is the one that fixes the divide by zero error.

The printer drivers issue is one I just can't get my head around. Reading the code it seems it just loads up whatever default driver windows is using to print. Do you mean the user should install the drivers from the machine that worked onto the machine that does not? Will the printer driver also affect the report form ... preview command?

Some more information on the printer driver problem - go to - "PRB: "API Call Caused an Exception" Error Message with Third-Party Print Drivers". While the problem and solution are only listed for VFP 6.0, it's also a problem for earlier versions of FP. The solution for FPW 2.6 is "similar".

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back