Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report form BRINGS error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ongoma

Programmer
Jun 14, 2006
KE
Hi Friends,

Am using vfp6 on a win98 box. A network printer Samsung L5120 is installed as default. Whenever I preview a report with REPORT FORM PAYSLIPS PREVIEW works fine. After this an attempt to invoke any commands like DO FORM ... just hangs the computer. I have to coldboot.

It's like anything that will try using the printer on any win98 comp on my network just collapses the machine DEAD.

This error comes up in a blue screen:

A fatal exception 0D has occured at 0028:C0059803 in
VXD VMCPD(01)+ 00000343. The current application will be terminated

There was a HP Deskjet 540 series and this was behaving fine.

What should I do men & brethren?

Wild A** Guess

Try

REPORT FORM PAYSLIPS to printer prompt PREVIEW

DWGrewe,

I also thought that was the cause of problems and removed it. It did soughtout any problems.

Ongoma,

It's more likely that the fault is with the printer driver rather than your application.

Start by checking with Samsung to see if there is an updated driver (but make sure it is one that is compatible with Win 98).

Also, try running the same report with as many other printer drivers as you have access to (never mind if the output is incorrect; you just want to check that it doesn't hang). And run different reports with the Samsung driver.

That should confirm that it is the driver that is at fault.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back